Democratic Women's Working Group
Welcome! And thank you for visiting to learn more about the Democratic Women’s Working Group.
Democratic women have a long tradition of coming together to make changes that make life better for women and their families. At key moments throughout history, we have joined forces to achieve some of our most fundamental victories. Today, in the 112th Congress, Democratic women are continuing this tradition by taking the lead to advance policies that would:
- Safeguard women’s economic security, from their younger years through their retirement
- Create laws that make discrimination, in our workplaces and our schools, a thing of the past
- Protect workers’ jobs when they need to take time away from work to care for a new baby or a sick family member
- Ensure that parents are able to secure quality, affordable child care or enroll their children in a good, safe school
- Guarantee affordable access to health care for all Americans
- End violence against women and racism in all forms
These are just a few of the basic, yet essential, issues that are of great importance to Democratic women and our allies. You can count on Democratic women to continue carrying the torch—for these issues, and for so many others that make a real difference in the lives of women and their families.
Congresswoman Gwen Moore, Co-Chair
Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Co-Chair