Department of Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2010
The Department of Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2010 (H.R. 2996) provides approximately $32.2 billion to meet federal stewardship obligations and help protect the environment, including funding for the Department of the Interior, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service and other related agencies. The bill will help communities and public lands by focusing on five priority areas:
- Meeting water infrastructure and environmental protection needs;
- Firefighting and fuels reduction on federal lands;
- Bolstering our public land management agencies;
- Protecting public lands through the Land and Water Conservation Fund; and
- Assisting the most vulnerable in Indian Country.